red deer victim services logo


Since individuals’ property and possessions are often extensions of themselves, victims of theft often feel personally violated.  They may experience violation of their senses of privacy, security and trust, along with a sense of shock and disbelief that this could have happened to them.



If you have had vital documents or cards stolen report the loss as soon as possible.


The following is a list of documents and what to do if they have been stolen:

  • Bank Cards: Phone your bank immediately.  Banks phone numbers are listed online or in the yellow pages.
  • Cheques:  Notify your bank immediately.
  • Credit Cards:  You will need your birth date, address and account password to cancel a credit card.  Contact your financial institution that issued the card.  If a store or gas/oil company card needs to be cancelled, contact the store or dealer directly.  Refer to a past bill for the account number and cancellation number.
  • Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan: Call 310-0000 and ask for 780-427-1432.
  • Alberta Blue Cross:  Call 1-800-661-6995.
  • Driver’s License:  Go to the nearest office that handles Motor Vehicles Registration.  Notify them that your driver’s license has been stolen so they can cancel previous number.  Ask for a new driver’s license.  You will need to provide identification, such as a passport or Provincial Identification Card.
  • Birth Certificate:  You must fill out an application at an office that handles Vital Statistics Registration to receive a new one.
  • Social Insurance Number:  Call 1-800-622-6232 and ask for Social Insurance Information.
  • Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security:  Call 1-800-277-9914.


*Please note that some companies and government agencies charge a replacement fee for new cards *


If you have been a victim of a theft

please contact your local police detachment


Red Deer City RCMP Complaint Line





+ 1 Tweet Share Pin It Share
quick escape