The Internet has made it easier to find information we're looking for, stay in contact with friends, shop for clothes from our couch, play games with people halfway across the world and plan events without leaving home.
However, the growing popularity of doing things online also means that you are at a greater risk of being taken advantage of online.
Below you will find some helpful resources on how to protect yourself online.
- Internet Safety - Alberta Human Services
- Get Cyber Safe - Government of Canada
- Internet Safety Resources - RCMP
- Own Your Space - Guide to Facebook Security - Facebook
- Steps to Take Pictures/Videos off the Internet - Canadian Center for Child Protection
- The Door That Is Not Locked (Information for Parents, Teachers, Children & Youth) - Canadian Centre for Child Protection