red deer victim services logo

Alberta Courts

Court of Appeal

The Court of Appeal hears appeals from the Court of Queen's Bench, the Provincial Court and administrative tribunals.



Court of Queen's Bench

The Court of Queen's Bench is the superior trial court for the province, hearing trials in civil and criminal matters.

Provincial Court

The Provincial Court of Alberta hears proceedings, applications and trials in their respective area of law, subject to any statutory limitations.

Resolution and Court Administration Services

Resolution and Court Administration Services provides administrative support to all the Courts within the Province. Such as the following:

Family Justice Services

Family Justice Services (FJS) is a group of programs and services offered by the Government of Alberta, Justice and Solicitor General in collaboration with the courts of Alberta. FJS staff work directly with individuals to find appropriate solutions for family law issues. Programs are available to qualifying parties either at no cost or for a nominal charge. FJS offices are located throughout the province

Family Law Information Services

Family Law Information Services are provided at designated Family Justice Services locations, in the Family Law Information Centre in Edmonton and in the Law Information Centre in Grande Prairie. Staff help the general public (particularly self-represented litigants), the legal community, the judiciary and government offices/agencies by providing the following:

  • General information about family law;
  • Plain language explanations of court procedure;
  • Court forms for most family law applications in either the Court of Queen’s Bench or the Provincial Court;
  • Help in making sure that court forms are properly filled out;
  • Child Support Guidelines calculations to self represented litigants and to the judiciary.

Information is offered on many topics relating to family law. Court forms and instructions are available for applications.


Law Information Centres (LInC)

The Law Information Centre can help you get the information you need for civil and criminal matters. A LInC Co-ordinator will help you understand Alberta's court processes. You can access LInC in person, by telephone or by e-mail.

Please visit Alberta Courts website for more information on Court of Appeal, Court of Queen's Bench and Provincial Court.



+ 1 Tweet Share Pin It Share
quick escape